From some time we have been hearing of the feature which allows users to receive and make a call easily. Airtel and Reliance Jio were working on the WiFi calling feature from quite some time in the NCR region. Airtel became the first telecom provider to provide this feature to its users. It will let users make calls over VoIP using the WiFi network. Today we tell you guys how to enable this feature.
What is WiFi calling?
It is a technology that allows users to make and receive calls over a WiFi connection. It doesn’t matter if the receiver is connected to the internet, the caller needs to be connected to the stable WiFi connection to make a call over VoIP using a WiFi network. This new feature has some advantages.
Advantages of WiFi calling
In the most populated areas, those who are connected to the WiFi will get to make or receive un-interrupted calls in the HD audio. Currently, the company is not charging any extra charges, so you can enjoy this feature for some time without any cost. It’s a good idea to expand the network coverage without investing in more infrastructures. It is also going to help the company earn some more profit.
Not all the devices support this feature there is a list suggested from the company to support this feature.
- Xiaomi: Poco F1, Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro, Redmi 7A, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Poco F1, Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro
- Samsung: Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy M20, Samsung Galaxy J6, Samsung Galaxy On 6, Samsung Galaxy M30s, Samsung Galaxy A10s, Samsung Galaxy A50s, Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- OnePlus: OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro
- Apple: iPhone XR, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro
And many more devices are coming.
There are some limitations put up by the company to use this feature.
- As of now, you should be residing in the Delhi NCR area.
- Your phone should be compatible with this feature.
- Upgrade to the latest firmware version.
- This feature is only available on the Airtel WiFi network.
Steps to activate WiFi calling
- First, make sure your phone supports the VoWiFi feature, and it has to be enabled.
- Connect to the Airtel WiFi network.
- Enable the VoLTE service for Airtel SIM by going to Settings > Networks > Airtel SIM > Toggle VoLTE.
- Now, enable Wifi calling by heading to Settings > SIM & Network Settings > Airtel SIM > Activate make calls using WiFi option.
Now you are done, the list issued by the Airtel that devices support this feature the users of these devices can enjoy this feature. Airtel is trying to expand this feature in the other cities also, so don’t worry, those who don’t get this feature will get it soon.